Established in 1982, the Auxiliary has grown into an organization of 450 volunteers who contributed 38,316 hours in 2007 in various areas of support at the Hospital. The Auxiliary has raised a GRAND TOTAL of $4,035,001 to date thanks in large part to the time, energy and talents of the dedicated Auxiliary members and volunteers.
The money raised by Auxiliary volunteers helps to fund the many needs for equipment, programs and research, such as:
- Resource material in the Family Resource Library
- Doc Willikers & Music Therapist visits to patients
- Plants and recreation supplies in the Eating Disorders Unit
- Portable Echo Machine (2003) in the Intensive Care Unit
- Renovations to the Mental Health Building
- Bean Bag chairs in the Emergency Department
BC Children’s Hospital is the only acute care and specialized pediatric care facility in BC. Over the years, generous contributions from communities, organizations, businesses and individuals from all over BC have made Children’s a place of first-rate care and treatment.
“What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other” – George Elliott